Your cart is currently empty!
Discontinued product! Get them before they’re gone!
CLEARANCE SALE! We’re discontinuing this line of candles, so grab them now before they’re gone!
7″ candles in glass jars (aka 7 day candles or novena candles), scented with mindfully blended essential oils for various intentions. and topped with small stones and crystal chips for you to hold onto the spell’s energy long after the candle’s done burning.
Burn as part of a spell or on it’s own to encourage manifestation. Trim wick to 1/4″ before each lighting. Burn responsibly. Remove stones from burning candle if they impede the wick. Do not use if glass is chipped or cracked. Do not extinguish with lid or water.
Call The Ancestors – for ancestry, spirit work, and the thinning of the veil at Samhain and Beltane
Shadow Moon – for new lunar cycles & shadow work
Fertile Ground – for growth, healing, and new beginnings
Stones & Bones – for divination, protection, and foresight
Lion’s Mane – for personal power, inspiration, and Sun magick
Candle Care & Safety:
Never leave a candle burning unattended. Keep away from flammable objects. Keep away from children and pets. It is estimated that over 8,000 house fires each year are started by improper candle use.
Take careful precautions if you choose to anoint or adorn the candle with oil, herbs, etc. Keep water nearby and research the safety of all materials before using. Modern Day Magick cannot be held responsible for irresponsible candle use.
- Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch. You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use. In general, it is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
- When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container or 2 inches if using a pillar candle.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
When Extinguishing a Candle:
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
- Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
Call The Ancestors, Shadow Moon, Fertile Ground, Stones & Bones, Lion's Mane